bureau Brandeis Paris was set up by a team of seasoned antitrust lawyers, namely Sarah Subrémon, Marc Barennes, and David Reingewirtz. Sarah, Marc and David have been friends for over twenty years and have practiced antitrust and competition law in Paris, Brussels, London, Luxembourg and/or Washington D.C. from every angle as:
- both defendant and claimant lawyers before the French, EU and US antitrust agencies, the French commercial and administrative Courts and the EU Courts; and/or,
- legal counsels or senior executives for the French Competition Authority, the Competition and Market Authority and the European Commission; and/or,
- senior court advisor (“référendaire”) for several Presidents of Chambers of the General Court of the European Union (Court of Justice of the European Union).
In all these roles, they handled or contributed to some of the most high-profile French and EU competition law and State aid cases decided in the past 15 years.
In 2021, Sarah, Marc and David decided to gather under one roof their unique antitrust and litigation expertise, their experience with the management and supervision of experts such as data collectors, economists, experts and litigation funders in individual and collective actions, and innovative legal solutions to represent their clients as completely and efficiently as possible.
Their decision to work hand in hand with bureau Brandeis Amsterdam, a highly praised Dutch law boutique known for its expertise in numerous litigation fields, including the antitrust and collective action fields, was a natural step since:
- They share the same values and vision: they represent the challengers and provide them with the best legal representation they deserve;
- They offer innovative and complementary antitrust litigation services for companies involved in both public and private enforcement procedures;
- They practice at the highest ethical standards and provide their clients with high-value, independent and personalized advice.